To all of my readers
Although DUI defense makes up a considerable part of my law practice I would like to address the issue of drunken driving.
One of the problems with the commission of the crime is that it mostly leaves the decision of whether or not the person is safe to drive up to the individual whose thought process may be impaired by the consumption of alcohol or other substances.
Sometimes there are other persons available who can participate in the decision making process but oftentimes they have been consuming beverages or other substances also. Basically, the crime consists of consuming intoxicating substances to the extent that they make you less safe to drive or consuming so much alcohol that the person is driving with an unlawful alcohol level. Ordinarily if a person fits into either category then they would not be in a condition to make such a decision.
So the best practice is to avoid driving if there is a possibility of intoxication. A buddy system or designated driver is less cumbersome than the effort that it will take friends or family members to bond someone out of jail. A fee paid driver service such as Uber or Lyft is even better as no one would have to abstain from consumption. And in the long run such systems are cheaper than the cost of a DUI and there are no work or social ramifications from their use.
So I urge anyone who knows ahead of time that they will be attending an event where intoxicating substances are served to find an alternative means of getting home rather than risk injury or death to yourself or another person.
- 6 Considerations After Getting a DUI In Georgia If You Have a Class C or Chauffeur’s License
- Tips To Avoid Being A Drunk Driver At Any Time
- Don’t Drink And Drive In Georgia This Holiday Season
- Tips To Avoid Being A Drunk Driver At Any Time - December 17, 2022
- Don’t Drink And Drive In Georgia This Holiday Season - December 16, 2022
- How to Defend Yourself From Drunk Drivers In Georgia - November 15, 2022